Sunday, October 30, 2016

Photo Blog (Accompaniment for "Hua Hin to Bangkok to... Phrae?")

Imogen and Dannika eating thier Mac n Cheese burger and Chickpea Burgers in the mall!!!! HEART
We went out.  Not really recommended in our current state of mourning but, bars have got to stay open too.  This is me, Dom and Brittney. 
Me and Madeline.
Every weekend in Hua Hin there is a market called "Cicada." It is insane.  The booths are endless and the food is incredible.  This is basically a banana fritter fried donut thing with chocolate and sugar.  40 baht.  I'm convinced I'm gonna hit ideal weight in Thailand...
First day of camp, we had Prattom (elementary kiddos).  Everyone loves selfies in Thailand (didn't I already say that I belong here??) 
There is this weird peace sign / tongue thing that happens in most of the Prattom selfies.  I know it doesn't mean what it looks like it means but there is something still pretty hysterical about it.  The other day I saw a guy with a black shirt that had white writing that said, "Fuck Cancer." Well... that's one way to put it, but I was fairly sure he was repping the black harder than he was the message and it's the same with these kids.    
"D" is for... adorable!  I can't even spell when there are Kindies involved.  Part of me wishes I had these guys to play with every day... and then I remember...
Needless to say, they loved me.  This is not the face of a little girl who was forced to be in a picture with me, just so you know. 
Doh.
Thai babies- the sweetest, cutest little monsters in the world.   
Oh, they will remember D, E, and F if it's the last thing I teach them... which it is.
Back story.  This child is hugging me, I am merely returning the affection.  Before we set out to give our lessons, there was a daily assembly.  I noticed that there was a line of kindergarteners (noticeable by their blue and red uniforms) just sobbing after their parents had abandoned them.  I couldn't handle it, I went over to "talk" to them and give them high fives and hugs and try to convince them to stop breaking my heart.  This little boy was one of the ones I tried to comfort and when I came into his class to teach, he recognized me and ran over to latch onto me.  

Here were are again.  He can't let go of me and he's convinced all of the other little babies that I'm a huggable adult.
It's hard to see here, but this little girl reminded me of G.  There was just something about the way she spoke and smiled that made me think of my little couslet.
Here is a picture of me with the random, creepy tiger at the school in Hua Hin!
It's AH!!!!! After our buffet, we demanded that we get a picture with Ah.  At first, however, she misunderstood our pantomimes a little bit.  When we gestured photo taking with our phones, she laughed, nodded, and took our phones as if SHE would be the photographer.  I actually think she did it on purpose though because as soon as we better explained the situation, she and her daughter both tried to refuse us saying, "I shy!"  Not getting off THAT easy, missies! 
What photo edition post would be complete without a picture of me and a random street animal?  This little kitty was super soft and super loved.  It even had a collar.  It loves me back, I assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment